Tuesday, January 31, 2012



Why does it always rain shit on me?

Why does it always rain shit down on me?
I’m a pretty good person; I think you’ll agree.

I don’t lie, I don’t cheat, and I know not to steal,
but I feel like I keep getting dealt a bad deal.

I’m surrounded by idiots all doing better than me,
but I’m better then them, so how can this be?

I work hard, I work well, and I try not to slack,
but when others get praises, I get pats on the back.

Need I think like a fox, always be on my toes?
Cut–throat and ruthless, is that how it goes?

Do I have to be the asshole that butts up in line?
Because whenever I try, it never saves time.

I don’t understand, how other people get by.
Could it be because they steal, they cheat, and they lie?

I’d like to think not, so I’ll keep doing my best,
to work hard, stay on track, and let life sort out the rest.

So why does it always rain shit down on me?
Don’t know, but tomorrow will be better, you’ll see.

John Parks

3 comments:

  1. I love the poem and cartoon!!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I think I've washed most of the poo-rain off for now. ready for the next s-storm.

    ReplyDelete