Tuesday, July 5, 2011




At this point, the standard operating procedure would be to interject some snide comment reflecting America’s over-dependency of gasoline, the car, and foreign oil. Which is what I had fully intended to do, but it’s funny how quickly something can change the mood, and my initiative along with it.
Last night I was fortunate enough to watch fireworks over San Francisco Bay from the top of Lombard Street with a few hundred of my closest “Frisco Friends”. It was a fantastic sight in an iconic American location, and more than enough to fill even the most liberal of hippies with feelings of pride and patriotism towards our great country. Although, I couldn’t help but laugh to myself as the thunderous grand finally ignited a symphony of car alarms across the city. Even the automobile could not let the moment pass without making it’s presence known. As if to say, “Don’t forget about me, I’m important too!”
Yes you are, and don’t we all know it.

Happy Birthday America.
Enjoy the gas while you can. You’ve earned it. 

1 comment: