Tuesday, June 21, 2011




Tiger who…? Oh how quickly we forget.
Mr. Woods, excuse me but Miss Janet has a question for you…
“What have you done for me lately?” 
I wonder, is it insulting to great athletes when others are compared to them? Does Michael Jordan feel cheapened in some way when Labron James is mentioned in the same breath as him?  Or does he grin subtly, take another puff on his cigar with smug confidence and know that he played on another level that is beyond comparison to everyone else. And speaking of beyond comparison… Rory McIlroy has 2 PGA wins to his name, while Tiger Woods, well he has 71. (Tiger is only 35 by the way)
Like I said, another level.
So really sports journalist, stop trying to justify your job with this next great sports star nonsense and let’s focus on some real issues. Like how we can all work together to get the Redskins out from under the evil rule of Dan Snyder. There must be a way.

2 comments:

  1. love the Janet reference! well said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, 71 wins... first I thought it was 71 women... either way I guess!

    ReplyDelete